Reliance Recruiting LLC
PROCESS ENGINEER - Composites
Our client is a growing and industry-leading manufacturer of molded polymer products. They are successful because of their commitment to producing the best possible product at the lowest cost and this is a new position created to support operational excellence and continue as an industry leader. You will be a key player in bring new technology, efficiencies and processes into their operations.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
● The Primary responsibility is implementation of new projects on time and within budget.
● Plan and execute impactful quality enhancement programs.
● Optimizing the extrusion process from implementation to the plant floor to product commercialization (and then continual improvement).
● Implementing standardized work through creation of Standard Operating Procedures along with Statistical Process Control for new and existing products.
● Manage capital and tooling projects through implementation.
● Responsible to thoroughly document process requirements and parameters to assure equipment and work cell team have the tools needed to make a repeatable process.
● Complete time studies to set up new projects most efficiently and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements on existing products.
● Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
● Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations.
● Engineering degree preferred.
● 2 years’ experience with Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 Sigma.
● Experience with composite materials, ensuring they meet specifications.
● 5 years of functional and HANDS-ON process engineering experience within polymer processes such as sheet, cast film, profile, pipe, decking, fence,
● Experience with root cause analysis.
● Experience with inspection and measurement processes.
● Strong computer, writing and communication skills
● Very process-oriented individual with strong experience in process standardization, creating Work Instructions, SOP’s, and implementing SPC.
● Extremely strong Project Management skills.
● Experience reading blueprints and shop drawings.