Job ID: 211068751
Okanogan County Child Development Association
OPEN POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
This position is open until filled. Applicant review begins on 8/15/2019
OCCDA reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Human Resources Manager performs human resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some, or all, of the following functional areas: employment law, employee relations, training, recruitment and retention, labor relations, affirmative action, and employee equity programs.
Required Education and Experience:
● AA Degree in Business, Office Management, Human Resources, or equivalent degree; or certification in Human Resources; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● One-year direct supervisory experience.
● Two-years of professional experience working in public relations, personnel, hiring, and training; and/or a combination of education and experience.
● Working knowledge and experience in using Microsoft applications and databases.
● Prior experience developing, facilitating, and conducting presentations and training sessions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
● Human Resources certification – SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, aPHR, PHR, SPHR, or other similarly recognized certification.
● Knowledge of Human Resources.
● Knowledge of employee health and wellness practices.
● Experience working with an HRIS database.
● Maintain strict confidentiality.
● Problem solve and analyze information skillfully.
● Use effective oral and written communication skills to communicate with employees, conduct training/orientation sessions, prepares reports clear, complete, and comprehensive reports using appropriate grammar and punctuation.
● Handle stressful and sensitive situations in a professional manner using tact and discretion.
● Plan and organize work activities to use time efficiently.
● Effectively read and interpret information, laws, and policies, present data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information.
● Coordinate and conduct presentation and training sessions
● Use abstract reasoning, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills in training, evaluating, and personnel issues.
● Use effective interpersonal and communication skills for employee relations and supervisory duties.
● Develop and evaluate policies and procedures.
● Interpret complex laws and policies.
● Provide consultation to management staff on compliance and Human Resources.
Position is full time and exempt. Salary is $17.30 to $18.35 per hour depending on education.
Current OCCDA employees must submit a cover letter stating what qualities you would bring to the position and an updated resume' listing your qualifications, education, and certifications (if applicable).
All outside applicants must submit an OCCDA Employment Application, cover letter and resume', along with Proof of Education.
Submit by one of the following:
Mail or drop off at OCCDAAdministrative Office: 127 N. Juniper St., Omak WA 98841
Fax to: HR Department at 509-826-3829 (bring in the original application, if interviewed)
Email: email@example.com (bring in the original application, if interviewed)
A copy of the full Job Description andrequired OCCDA Employment Application is available at the Administrative Office or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity