View Alert

Services for farmworkers


Housing is an important concern for people coming to Washington for seasonal farm work. Click on the following links to view the different agencies and groups that offer housing to farmworkers and their families. You will find information about wide variety of housing programs and services. All meet state health requirements.

Catholic Charities Housing Services
Rental housing for the agricultural industry work force, which is predominantly families, is available through CCHS and this includes seasonal units, as well as year round housing. These units are supported by social services with computer education, English classes, financial literacy and first time home buyer education classes and services offered at the housing sites.

Office of Rural and Farmworker Housing
The Office of Rural and Farmworker Housing (ORFH) is a private, nonprofit corporation that develops housing for farmworkers and other rural, low-income residents of Washington . ORFH provides services to local nonprofit corporations, housing authorities, municipalities, other organizations and individuals interested in developing farmworker housing.

OIC of Washington
The Opportunities Industrialization Center (OIC) of Washington has a Housing Assistance Program for farmworkers that can provide emergency or temporary and short-term housing assistance.

Washington State Department of Health Migrant Farmworker Housing Program
The Migrant Farmworker Housing (MFH) Program ensures the health and safety of migrant farmworkers and their families through the licensing and inspection of the housing provided by growers and operators.